I was nominated today by JetSetBrunette for the One Lovely Blog Award. Many thanks are in order for her. I’ve been working hard on this little blog of mine, and it makes me excited and happy to be noticed by my fellow bloggers!
The description and stipulations for the One Lovely Blog Award are as follows:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
I’d like to first take the time to nominate my favorite bloggers and tell you why I love their blogs so much.
- Gaëtan Tinguely – This is the amazing photoblog of one of mine and my hubby’s personal friends from Switzerland. You won’t be disappointed if you stop by and have a look. His photography skills are seriously amazing!
- Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – If you like reading humorous posts, you’ll love this blog. I read it daily.
- KludgyMom – I like to go to this blog when I’m having a hard time figuring out what to write about. She has a long list of great post prompts and a lot of other amazing ideas.
- Cancer Isn’t Pink – She’s witty and humorous while writing about hard things she has to deal with in her life. Her blog is refreshing and honest.
- Undertaking Liberty – I know this blogger outside of the blogosphere, and her blog touches on subjects I can relate to very much on a personal level.
- Parlez-vous moo? – I haven’t quite figured out exactly who is the main focus of the blog, but it’s handled by several people (from how I understand it) and is very entertaining to read.
- My Hypothetical Blog – This is a newer blog for me. I’ve just started following it, but I must say I enjoy her writing very much.
- The Sugar Peddler – I’m crazy about cooking and baking, and every time I scroll through this blog, my sweet tooth comes screaming to the surface.
I’m sorry I can’t give 15, but I’m so new to blogging that I just haven’t found 15 bloggers that impact me as much as these 8 do. I’m still working on finding more interesting blogs, and I feel it would be remiss to just link to blogs even though I don’t really keep up with them that much.
Now, for the seven interesting facts about me… Hmmmmm!
- I wear flip flops all the time because it’s so difficult to find shoes in my size. Seriously. Plus, I hate having sweaty feet, and flip flops allow them to breathe and stay comfortable and dry.
- It has to be pitch black in my bedroom at night, or I can’t sleep well. This is weird, considering that as a child and teenager, I was terrified of the dark.
- The ONE thing I miss most about Texas are the storms, and I always assumed that would be the last thing I’d miss. Funny how that works, huh?
- If I could have any car in the world to drive for a day, I’d choose a Lotus.
- I’ve always had a thing for foreign guys. Don’t ask me why, because I’m not even sure I understand it!
- The song that is currently the ringtone on my iPhone is Adele’s “Set Fire to the Rain.” I seriously need to make myself some new ringtones!
- My favorite flower has always been the sunflower.