This stuff is so damn good! I’ve made it a few times, and my husband literally licks his plate clean every single time I do! He can’t get enough of it! He will eat himself sick if I don’t stop him. You’re going to love it too, once you make it.
Approximately 2 lbs chicken breast tenders, or breasts cut into strips
4 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup butter, divided
3 cups real, heavy cream (36% fat or higher)
1 box spaghetti
1) Start a pot of salted water on the stove for your pasta.
2) Mix all your spices in a pie plate. Save 1 teaspoon of this mixture for later.
3) Coat half of your chicken strips in the spice mixture. I like to push the spices to one side of the plate, and stack the spice-coated chicken strips on the other.4) Check your pot of water. It’s probably either close to boiling or is boiling by now. Add your pasta and stir it well.
5) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. When the skillet is hot, add dollop of butter (around a tablespoon, or so,) and make sure it coats the bottom of the skillet.
6) Lay out the chicken in the buttered skillet and let it pan-fry for 3-4 minutes.
7) Flip the chicken pieces and add another tablespoon of butter, if necessary.
8) After about 4 minutes on the second side, remove the chicken pieces to a plate and keep warm. Repeat this process with the second half of your chicken strips.
9) When you’ve pan-fried all of your chicken, melt another tablespoon of butter in your skillet, and add your reserved spice mixture. With a wire whisk, combine the spices well with the butter and cook for about 30 seconds.
8) Add the cream to your skillet and whisk it well to incorporate the spices and pan scrapings into the cream.
9) Bring your cream to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook until the cream is thickened. This should happen around the time your spaghetti is finished.
10) When your spaghetti is al dente, drain it, return it to the put, and stir in 3-4 tablespoons of butter. Make sure your pasta is well coated with butter, and cover with a lid. Check your cream. When it is thick, it’s ready.
11) Serve the chicken over a bed of spaghetti, drenched in the cream sauce.
Enjoy! This is so delicious!